26 August 2013

Recent(ish) Skincare Additions!

Before I discovered beauty blogs I don't think I ever truly understood my skin. I knew it was oily/combo and in my feeble attempt to overcome this I used harsh products that pretty much stripped my skin of all moisture (in return my skin tried to overcompensate resulting in MORE oil). As you can imagine, that wasn't ideal. Thankfully, after a bit of research and advice I opted for products that were much more gentle. I'm gonna call that the beginning of my love affair with skin care. Since then it seems I have developed a real interest in skin care and the lark!
 
The most recent additions to my evergrowing skincare stash include Elemis' Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser, the Clarisonic Mia 2, Bioderma and Trilogy's Organic Rosehip Oil (you can read my full review here).
 
Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser.      £27.60
This is my most recent addition. It's actually branded as an 'anti-ageing' cleanser (yes, I am aware I'm only 21!) but it really appealed to me. A thick, luxurious cleanser that helps defend against daily pollutants whilst purifying and moisturising dehydrated skin to reveal a fresh and radiant looking complexion? Yes please! A tad on the pricey end I admit: but I am a firm believer in investing in my skin. I would much rather fork out a little bit more money to help improve my skin rather than spend it on make up. Plus, I used my 20% off code that I got in my BBB Edit Beauty Box ;). I haven't had it long enough to give you a full review yet but I'm loving it so far. It feels very luxurious and smells divine. It also came with a really cute flannel/mitt that I probably enjoy using just a little bit too much.
 
Clarisonic Mia 2.                                           £120
Err ma gawd. I had been lusting after this little baby for two years. Two years! I got it as a birthday present from my boyfriend this year (neither Craig or my dad understood my excitement and constant babbling about how cool it was). I've been using this religiously all month in conjunction with my little bottle of Philosophy's 3-in-1 cleanser. My face certainly feels smoother and deeply cleansed: but I am currently going through that annoying 'purging' stage. It's not as bad as I had expected (quite a few of those annoying little bumps but nothing major) and it's been clearing up really quickly. Expect a follow up post in the near future!
Bioderma Micelle Solution.                         £14.50
I love, love, love this stuff. £14.50 for what is essentially fancy water may seem a little steep but I honestly can't live without this stuff. This is my second bottle and I will most definitely be stocking up again when this one runs out. It's quick and easy at removing face make up and is gentle enough to remove eye make up too. It's a winner! I always use this before cleansing.
Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil.        £11.75
I have a post dedicated specifically to this facial oil (titled 'My Skin Saviour' - doesn't the title just say it all?). This is actually the first facial oil I've ever used (who'd of thought using an oil on oily skin would actually help?!) and I absolutely love it. It clears up any decongestion and scars from past blemishes are fading.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma,

    I too have oily/combination skin and am beginning to realise that some products designed for this skin type can do more harm than good.

    I agree that a gentle cleansing routine is the way to go rather than stripping away all of the oils which the skin actually needs to be healthy! I think you chose some great products here.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, it's been my pleasure to discover your and start following too. x

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you did exactly what I did! Looked into skincare routines and more or less sizzled my face off with my feeble attempt to improve my skin! My boyfriend can't understand how I can spend 20 minutes on my skin before bed, same as yours can't understand the need for the Clarisonic Mia 2. Althought mine's gradually warming to it and letting me do his face too!

    Also thankyou so much for the leibster nomination, made my day, I will get on with it now! :)

    http://hollyslittlethoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete