12 February 2013

2013 Beauty Resolutions!

Before you say it, yes, I am well aware it is now mid February and I'm mega behind in the times.. but it's better late than never, right?!

We all have things we would like to do more (or less) of, and start or quit in a new year. But this year instead of giving myself the usual 'lose weight' and 'exercise more' resolutions, I have given myself a few little resolutions specifically in regards to beauty. The first being a ban from buying any more lipsticks & nail polishes - towards the end of last year I went mad for lipsticks and my nail polish collection is never ending. This year in order to save myself some pennies and room I am putting a ban on buying any more until I have used some up! Lets call it a one-in-one-out policy.
 
Secondly, I need to wash my make up brushes more often. I've set myself the goal of once every week, on a day that I usually have free from work/uni.. For me that's a Monday. I tend to be so lazy with washing them, but there's no better make up day than when you put it on with freshly clean brushes! On a different note - do you have any suggestions with what to wash them with? I currently just use baby shampoo but I'm open to other ideas.
 
Thirdly, I've had a good clear out of products that I never use. I'm sure we all have certain shades in our collection that are beautiful in the tube but sadly don't look as nice once applied. In my case coral lipstick, I can't help but gush every time I see the beautiful shade but sadly it just clashes so badly with my ginger barnett! In cases such as this I've passed them on to friends who I know will suit them, this way it's a little easier to part with (I can't bring myself to throw away a perfectly good/untouched product - what a waste!).
 
& lastly, I want to up the umph in my hair care. So things like letting my hair dry naturally when possible, learning how to style my hair up rather than styling it with heat, and expanding my range of products (I really want to try morrocan oil this year!).
 
I can't guarantee I will stick to them religiously (with wicked new lip products such as Rimmels apocalips hitting the stores it may be hard to resist..) but I will try my very hardest to stick with them!
Have you made any changes in your beauty and hair routines this new year?
Ciao for now, Dimps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment